Red Fried Cabbage
March 29, 2023 • 0 comments
- 1 small head of red cabbage
- 1/3 cup of canola oil (if using turkey bacon)/ OR 2 tablespoons of oil (if using pork bacon)
- ½ cup of bacon, diced (optional)
- 1 cup of onion, diced.
- 1/3 cup of stock of choice
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and chopped.
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of dried granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon of red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Cut the cabbage in half and remove the core. Then chop cabbage into medium pieces.
- In a large pan, heat up the oil on medium-high heat, and add the bacon.
- Cook the bacon until golden and crispy, then remove it from the pan leaving the grease in the pan.
- Add onions, garlic, and spices, and sauté until softened.
- Add cabbage, stock, and vinegar and stir. Cover the pan with a lid and let the cabbage cook, until tender
- When cooked serve warm as a side dish and ENJOY!