- 2 medium eggplants
- 3 tablespoons Tahini paste
- Juice from 1 freshly squeezed lemon or 1 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1. Roast the eggplants in the oven on medium heat, or on a BBQ grill for about 30 minutes.
2. Place in a mixing bowl and cover with a plastic wrap. While eggplants are still hot (not too
hot so you don’t burn your hands), peel them.
3. Strain the water from the eggplants by placing them on a colander for about 10 minutes.
This step is important so you don’t get a liquid Baba Ghanouj.
4. Add eggplants and all ingredients in a food processor and let run for 2-3 minutes until
you get a paste. OR add everything into a mixing bowl and smash with fork, and mix
very well, until all combined.
5. Place Baba Ghanouj paste into a serving plate, garnish with any/all of the following: olive
oil, chopped parsley, sumac spice or chili powder, salted pickles...etc.
6. Serve cold as an appetizer, with a side of Pita bread.