· 200g granulated sugar
· 270ml water
· 10 g lemon balm leaves, rinsed and dried
· 1 lemon , juiced
1. Put the sugar and water in a saucepan over a low heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Raise the heat and simmer for 5 mins, or until the liquid has become a syrup. Set aside to cool.
2. Put the lemon balm leaves and lemon juice in a smoothie blender and blitz until smooth. Combine with the sugar syrup, then pour into freezer-proof container.
3. Freeze for 1 hr. 30 mins, then mix with a fork to break up any ice crystals that have formed and return to the freezer.
4. Keep mixing the sorbet once an hour for 4 hrs. to break up the ice crystals. Stop mixing when firm but scoopable. Will keep in the freezer for up to a month. Serve with mint leaves for garnish.