- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups potatoes peeled & chopped into medium size cubes
- 1 bunch of green onions, washed and chopped
- 1 small Spanish onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon each of dried thyme and rosemary (fresh herbs can be used)
- 6 cups veggie broth
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large soup pan over medium-low heat.
Add onions and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes until the onion is soft.
Add cubed potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and stir for 2 minutes. Add veggie broth, and stir making sure the potatoes are covered up.
Bring to a boil on high heat for 2 minutes, then reduce heat and let simmer with a lid on for about 15 minutes or until potato cubes are fork-tender, and broth is thickened. Turn off the heat.
Take half of the soup out of the pot, place in a blender, and blend until smooth, then add to the rest of the soup mixture into the pot, and stir until all combined.
Taste and adjust salt. Serve warm.