- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 large cloves, minced
- 4 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 cups large diced Yukon potatoes
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 ¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
In a large pot over medium heat, add oil, onions, and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add in cabbage, potatoes, carrots, celery, and 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Stir well and cook for 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables start to soften.
Reserve ¼ cup of the vegetable broth and set aside.
Add the remaining vegetable broth to the pot with the apple cider vinegar and sugar. Increase heat to high and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Once all vegetables are tender and the flavor is complete, serve warm. Garnish with dill.