Morrocon Couscous with Roasted vegetables (serves 7)
- 1large red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 2medium carrots, halved through length and sliced fairly thin
- 1small red onion, diced into 1-inch chunks
- 1medium zucchini, halved through the length and sliced
- 4Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2tsp minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1/2tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/3cups dry couscous
- 1(14.5 oz) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2tsp turmeric
- 1/2cup raisins
- 1(14 oz) can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3Tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 2Tbsp minced fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Spray a 18 by 13-inch rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place bell pepper, carrots, onions and zucchini on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil and season with salt and toss to evenly coat. Roast in preheated oven about 15 minutes until tender, tossing once halfway through roasting.
- Then if desired move oven rack closer to broiler and broil for about 1 - 2 minutes to add a light char.
- While vegetables are roasting, in a small mixing bowl whisk together remaining 3 Tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and season with 1/4 tsp salt, set aside.
- Bring chicken broth, 1/2 tsp salt and turmeric to a boil. Place couscous and raisins in a large mixing bowl, pour hot chicken broth over couscous and stir, cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add roasted vegetables, chickpeas, almonds, cilantro, mint and lemon mixture to couscous and toss to evenly coat (while seasoning with a little more salt to taste as desired). Serve warm.