Chocolate Chunk Cranberry Bars
- 1 & 1/4 cup gluten free flour (or flour of your choice0
- 1 cup oats
- 2/3 cup agave or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil- melted
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 Tablespoons chocolate chunks
- 4 cups frozen or fresh cranberries
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 teaspoon of orange zest
- 1 Tablespoon agave or maple syrup
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9 baking pan with cooking spray.
Make the Filling
- Add the cranberries, juice of an orange, orange zest, apple and cinnamon. Heat on medium-high heat on the stove, mixing occasionally for 20 minutes until most of the water evaporates. Let cool slightly then add to a blender and blend until smooth (or slight chunks are fine).
Make the Crust*
- In a food Processor add the flour, oats, syrup, baking soda and melted coconut oil. Blend until coarsely combined. Set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture.
- Add the rest of the mixture into the baking pan and press down evenly. Add desired amount of cranberry filling on top of the crust. Add the remaining crust mixture and chocolate chunks on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or slightly golden brown. Let cool before slicing and serving.
*Note: If you don't have a food processor the crust ingredients can be prepared by mixing in a medium size bowl.