- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 5 cardamom pods
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- optional: 1/4 teaspoon each of rose and orange blossom water.
- In a saucepan, mix water, sugar, zest and cardamom well until sugar is dissolved
- Add the shredded carrots and cook on low for at least 45 minutes
- add the rest of the ingredients and mix well
- Cook mixture on medium to high heat until it's thicken for 5 to 10 minutes.
- It is optional to blend the jam into a smoother consistency or leave into a marmalade shape.
- Allow jam to cool down completely before enjoying it with your choice of bread.