Black Bean Brownies
Alright, alright, I know what you're thinking! Trust me- I was weary of this recipe at first too, but after tasting one of the brownies I was immediately won over. Whether you're looking for a high protein treat or just something new to try, you've gotta check this out.
1 1/2 cups black beans (1 15-oz can, drained and rinsed very well)
· 2 tbsp cocoa powder
· ½ cup quick oats
· ¼ tsp salt
· ½ cup pure maple syrup, honey, or agave
· 1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil
· 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
· ½ tsp baking powder
· ½ cup to 2/3 cup chocolate chips
· optional: more chips, for presentation
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Combine all ingredients except chips in a good food processor, and blend until completely smooth. Really blend well.
3. Stir in the chips, then pour into a greased 8x8 pan.
4. Cook the black bean brownies 15-18 minutes, then let cool at least 10 minutes before trying to cut.